Valentine’s Day is less than three weeks away. Have you thought about how you and your sweetheart will spend the evening? Sure, dinner at a fancy restaurant for the umpteenth time might be the most convenient plan. Then again, that’s also the same idea countless other couples will have. So why not mix things up this year? We want to help you up your game on Valentine’s Day. Here are some of our favorite date night ideas in Houston.
- Enjoy some live music – Houston is filled with incredible live music venues. Make your way over to Fitzgerald’s, Satellite Bar, or White Oak Music Hall for a few hours. Then grab a bite to eat at any of the nearby food joints.
- Take a farmers market bike tour – Do you and your honey like to bike? Then spend the evening enjoying each other’s company and getting a great workout, all while picking out locally made jams and fresh-picked produce. Just be aware it’s a 15-mile ride.
- Play vintage arcade games – Maybe the two of you love classic arcade games. If that’s the case, then you’ve got to check out Joystix Classic Games and Pinballs. It’s tons of fun and certainly beats anxiously waiting for an open table at your fancy restaurant.
- Take a cooking class – Why go to the same old restaurant when you and your better half can have fun making a meal together? Urban Chef offers date night cooking classes that are perfect for all levels.
- Have wine and s’mores – A good bottle of wine is an absolute must on Valentine’s Day. But it’s an even better time when s’mores are involved as well. Head to 13 Celsius and pick out a bottle from their library of wines. Then ask one of the staff about tableside s’mores to be added to the evening.
- Cuddle up at a movie in the park – Discovery Green and Market Square Park offer free movie showings in the park. What’s better is that both have on-site spots where booze is served.
- Go horseback riding – Located just 20 minutes from downtown Houston, Cypress Trails is one of the best spots for horseback riding. Just be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.
- Go on a brewery tour – Do the two of you love beer? Consider checking out breweries such as Saint Arnold, Karbach, Buffalo Bayou, and 8th Wonder.
- Try an escape room – Want to really see how you significant other reacts under pressure? At Escape the Room in Midtown, couples are forced to beat the clock while figuring out puzzles in order to get out. Again, make your reservation ahead of time.
- Play on giant trampolines – Who says trampolines are for kids only? Sky Zone is an incredible indoor trampoline park that offers open jump and bungee trampoline spaces.
Wherever your destination may be on Valentine’s Day, count on Merlo’s Charters to get you there safely. Our mini charter bus service does so much more besides providing shuttle bus rides for large groups of passengers. For example, our four-door luxury sedan is ideal for date night.
Enjoy Valentine’s Day in style with Merlo’s. See what makes us the best charter bus service in Houston. Book your charter bus trips today.