Are you ready for a night out downtown? It’s no secret that Houston boasts one of the best nightlife scenes in the United States. In this blog post, we will provide some of the top spots around town.
- 3rd Floor – As mentioned in this guide from Visit Houston, this is the premier locale for a bird’s eye view of downtown. Enjoy an elevator ride to the upper level where you will find breathtaking skyline views to go with an open floor plan and dual balconies. Take your pick from 50 American beers on tap, 50 American wines, cocktails, snacks, and decadent desserts.
- The Alley Kat Bar & Lounge – Do you prefer a low-key vibe to the intense club feel? Then this spot is for you. The Alley Kat features low lighting, smooth jazz, and a relaxing environment. There’s plenty of classic cocktails to feature or premium beers to sample.
- Atlas Pub – Looking to take in an Astros game while enjoying great food and a vibrant atmosphere? The Atlas Pub features multiple seating areas and plenty of televisions. Get your fill of a menu that consists of Korean tacos, short rib house burgers, and so much more.
- Bar Bleu – Few venues top the 6,500 square foot Bar Bleu nightclub. Bar Bleu offers a sophisticated hangout packed with multiple full-service bars, private VIP areas, and outdoor patio space for private parties. Did we mention the LED lighted dance floor and signature drinks? Plus, you’re sure to love all the blue, from the walls to sofas and everything in between.
- Barbarella – There’s no shortage of music and dancing at Barbarella! This club focuses on Indie music, so don’t go here thinking that you’ll find top 40 or traditional techno. Be sure to check out their weekly theme nights.
- Better Luck Tomorrow – Think of this as the “neighborhood bar with food.” With that in mind, the dishes are much more sophisticated than typical bar fare. Plus, there’s plenty of must-try cocktails and wines. Better Luck Tomorrow features bright neon lights illuminating clear wall panels for a fun stained glass effect.
- Big Texas Clear Lake – What kind of night in Houston would it be if no line dancing was involved? Big Texas Clear Lake hosts leading Texas country artists on a regular basis and is the go-to spot for dancing the night away.
- The Black Swan – Located in the Uptown area, this is the ideal happy hour scene. Swing by after work for jumbo shrimp cocktail, chicken quesadillas, or the New York strip sandwich. Then stay through the night when the Black Swan turns into an energetic late-night venue.
- Boondocks – Could you use a night of affordable drinks, great music, and dancing with hundreds of your closest Houston friends? Then you’ve got to be sure that Boondocks is on your night’s agenda.
- Boheme Cafe & Wine Bar – This charming, yet cozy space is perfect for those wanting to enjoy live jazz music and a relaxing evening outside. Boheme Cafe features exposed brick walls, restored steel-frame windows, and light fixtures imported from Europe.
Trust Merlo’s Charters for Your Night Out
At Merlo’s Charters, we want your evening downtown to be fun and memorable. That means picking you up and taking you home in one of our reliable vehicles. From charter bus trips and mini charter bus rides to shuttle rides and executive transportation, Merlo’s is here for you. Since 1999, our passengers have always been our first priority.
Don’t let uncertainty with transportation stop you from having a great night! For the best charter bus in town, call Merlo’s.