If you’re tired of the same ‘dinner and a movie’ date night, it’s time for something new! Plus, in a big city such as Houston, it’s easy to find an activity that you and your significant other will love. Keep reading for some of the best date ideas in Houston, according to this piece from Your Cool City Blog.
- Take a cooking class – How would you like to cook like your ancestors? Now you can thanks to this Fireside Suppers cooking class. Couples explore 19th-century cooking techniques in two locations. Have fun making homemade popcorn, pan-seared rabbit with berry reduction, cast iron skillet garlic toast, wild greens salad, Dewberry crumble, and so many other incredible dishes. Plus, at the end of each lesson, you and your honey can enjoy the meal over candlelight.
- Head to the arcade – On the first and last Friday’s of the month, Joystix Classic Games & Pinball hosts Pac-Man Fever Fridays. Take advantage of unlimited gameplay on over 300 classic and new games for just $15 per person! You can even plan your visit around when the Astros are in town, as the arcade is just across the street from Minute Maid Park.
- Have a picnic – If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Houston, then a picnic makes a great date idea. It could be as simple as going to your favorite local park or picking up somewhere completely different.
- Go skydiving – For adrenaline junkies, you can’t get much better than this. If you’ve ever gone skydiving before, you know that no experience compares. Now just imagine sharing it with the person you love.
- Try surfboarding together – Spend an afternoon learning how to ride the waves in Galveston. The instructors, boards, and wetsuits are all provided so you don’t have to worry about being first-timers.
Book Your Date Night Transportation with Merlo’s Charters
If you’re in the process of scheduling a fun date night for you and your sweetheart, the last thing you want to worry about is transportation. At Merlo’s Charters, we have a complete line of professional, chauffeured ground transportation services available for special events. We are here to make your event memorable, comfortable, and safe. From anniversary celebrations and birthday parties to couple’s nights out on the town, you can feel comfortable riding with Merlo’s. Since 1999, we’ve made it a point to provide reliable transportation for those in Houston. Those things have changed in the last 18 years, our mission has stayed the same.
Our Charter Bus Service Fleet
We are proud to offer a number of fleet options for your event. The 4-door luxury sedan, for example, features an extended body, leather interior and eight inches of extra legroom. This vehicle is also equipped with reading lights, rear vanity mirrors, and GPS.
Don’t let the wrong transportation ruin what should be a fun night for the two of you. Instead, book a reservation by phone or online with Merlo’s Charters, where you are our first priority.