There’s no doubt that Houston offers some of the most incredible landmarks, food spots, and nightlife scenes around. In this blog post, we will point out some of the top things to do in Houston, according to TripAdvisor. Don’t forget that our charter bus service can be your transportation guide to each and every one of these attractions.
- Water Wall – This point of interest near the Galleria provides a much-needed break from the Houston heat and traffic. Folks often sit under the spray to relax or just take pictures. You likely won’t spend a ton of time at the Water Wall, but it’s definitely a family-friendly spot for those on vacation.
- Galleria – Speaking of the Galleria, it’s the largest shopping mall in Texas and the fourth largest in the U.S. With over two million square feet of space plus 400 stores and restaurants, there’s definitely something for everyone’s taste. Keep in mind that the Galleria is the city’s most popular retail and tourist destination, so be sure to plan your time accordingly.
- NASA’s Space Center and City Sightseeing Tour – Whether you’re on your own in Houston or with the entire family, you’ve got to pencil in a trip to NASA’s Space Center. Take advantage of a self-guided tour, ride a tram on an orientation tour, and check out the Apollo 17 space shuttle. As a bonus, the tour also includes a 90-minute sightseeing tour of Houston.
- Holocaust Museum – Many call Houston’s Holocaust Museum a must-see and for good reason. Visitors will see archival film, a Danish rescue boat, as well as a World War II railcar used to transport victims to concentration camps.
- Houston Grand Opera – This isn’t your average opera house. With stunning architecture and beautiful decorations throughout the year, the Houston Grand Opera stands in a class of its own. Those who love the arts must find a way to get to a show when they visit Houston.
- Cockrell Butterfly Center – What better way to spend part of your day than taking your kids to the Butterfly Center? The unique habitat includes a simulated rainforest and thousands of colorful butterflies. Visitors can also enjoy a dramatic 50-foot waterfall and exotic plants.
- Old Town Houston historic Pub Tour – For just $35, folks can stop by four local bars located in some of the city’s oldest buildings. Your guide will tell stories of the city’s history and culture. Best of all though? Tours are limited to 12 people to ensure a more enjoyable, personalized experience.
- Winery Tour in the Woodlands near Houston – Wine enthusiasts will love this five-hour, behind-the-scenes tour of a trio of Houston wineries. Not only can you try a variety of wines, but also gain more insight into how wine is made.
- Sam Houston Park – At some point during your trip, you’ll likely need some time away from the hustle and bustle of Houston. You can do just that with a trip to Sam Houston Park in the heart of the city. The park contains seven historic homes, plus an oasis of antiquity.
- Discovery Green – Can you think of a park that offers free yoga classes, movie nights, and toddler storytimes? Discovery Green offers all that and more. While the kids have fun on the playground, spray fountain, and mist tree, you can relax with free WiFi in any of the open air readings rooms.
Let Our Charter Bus Be Your Guide in Houston
At Merlo’s Charters, we understand that you have many options when it comes to ground transportation. That’s why always put our customers first on our charter bus trips. Since 1999, Merlo’s has been providing those in Houston with safe and reliable mini charter bus excursions.
Don’t just choose the random buses and shuttles that you find once you arrive in Houston. Instead, choose Merlo’s.
Contact us today and see what makes us the best charter bus in the area.