Even though the holidays are over, it’s never too early to start thinking about the next vacation. One easy way to eliminate stress during that upcoming trip is to hire a charter bus service. What’s not to like about using a charter bus or motorcoach? After all, you have the freedom to sit back and relax while someone else deals with traffic. Whether you want to take a nap, catch up on a book, or just zone out with some music, the choice is yours. But just because a charter bus offers convenience doesn’t mean there aren’t expectations for passengers. Keep reading for our top five tips when it comes to charter bus etiquette.
- Be on time – Let’s say you choose an executive van or shuttle bus for your trip. If that’s the case, there’s a good chance anywhere from 20-30 other passengers will be with you. The last thing you want is to force the driver to delay things because you were late. Give yourself plenty of time to get everything together and get on the vehicle in time. Remember that the sooner your charter bus leaves, the sooner you will arrive at the destination.
- Be courteous – Depending on how long the drive is, you may choose to stay entertained with personal devices. Just avoid having the volume at such a high level that others passengers become disturbed by it. In terms of other behavior, keep your hands and feet to yourself as best as possible, even if there’s not much wiggle room. Lastly, those sitting in a window seat should limit the number of times they get up and move around. This allows other passengers sitting in aisle seats to enjoy the ride as well.
- Be mindful of food – Are you taking a group trip to Galveston in an executive van? Perhaps you’re looking into a motor coach for that trek to Dallas, Austin, or New Orleans. In either case, you will likely have some snacks with you. Please keep in mind that some foods have a very potent smell and may not be the best choices for long road trips with upwards of 50 passengers. Our drivers also ask that you remember to clean up after yourself, too.
- Be flexible – Maybe you’re accustomed to road trips where you can spread out and enjoy plenty of space. At Merlo’s Charters, rest assured that the vehicles we use for long trips are meant to be comfortable and spacious. However, please be respectful of other passengers. The most enjoyable road trips are the ones where everyone can get along and be flexible when necessary.
- Keep your children in check – There’s no question that traveling with children can be a challenge. But it’s not an impossible task. Feel free to keep them entertained with activities, snacks, and personal devices. A child who is busy during a road trip is much less likely to be a nuisance than one who has nothing to do.
Merlo’s Charters can help your next trip be a huge success. Our charter bus service also serves as an airport shuttle, executive transportation, luxury transportation, and event transportation. Book your reservation today.