You want your wedding day to be perfect. Chances are that you’ll be spending plenty of time figuring out the details of food, venues, music, decorations, and other aspects. But have you thought about how you’re actually going to get to and from places on the big day? Unfortunately, transportation snafus can throw an entire wedding off, making you anxious and leaving your guests feeling cranky. In this blog post, we’ll explain some easy ways to ensure that you have transportation taken care of.
- Make your reservation in advance – As explained in this article from The Knot, you should avoid putting off hiring your car company several weeks before the wedding. Instead, it’s a good idea to make the reservation several months (at least) in advance. This allows you to have plenty of options for formal vehicles. Keep in mind, also, that luxury vehicles will be in high demand during the spring with prom and graduation at the same time.
- It doesn’t necessarily have to be a limo – Some couples just don’t like the thought of a traditional limousine for their wedding. Don’t let this stop you, though. A reliable event transportation company should have an extensive fleet that features towncars and SUV’s.
- Consider giving your attendants a ride – Depending on your budget and how your ceremony/reception will be set up, you may want to treat your wedding party to transportation. If you’re not traveling to the ceremony with them, it makes sense to provide a separate vehicle for them to get to the venue. Not only is this a nice, added touch, but it also prevents any sort of transportation glitch with your attendants.
- Remember the guests – Ideally, no out-of-town guests should have to worry about navigating an unfamiliar city or choosing designated rivers. Keep in mind that a standard shuttle bus or mini bus should comfortably seat anywhere from 20-30 passengers.
- Book the reservation in person – It’s smart to research companies online and get a good idea of what they can offer over the phone. With that in mind, be sure to make the final reservation in person. The company should be able to show you either the exact car you’ll be riding in or one that’s very similar. Plus, booking in person eliminates any chance of dealing with surprises before putting down a deposit.
- Pad every trip by 20 to 30 minutes – As much as you try, things will happen on your wedding day that you just can’t control. Some of those involve unexpected delays and, of course, traffic. It doesn’t hurt to afford yourself some extra time onto each trip you’ll be making.
- It’s ok to be specific – Whether you want a certain type of champagne, music player, or dress code for the driver, you want your transportation to be as luxurious as the ceremony itself. Don’t be shy about asking the company about adding these specifics into the contract before you sign.
Wedding Transportation with Merlo’s Charters
Our team at Merlo’s Charters would be honored to be part of your special day. For nearly two decades, Houston residents have relied on us for special event transportation. As a family owned and operated business, we’ve grown to be one of the largest ground transportation companies in the area.
Whether you choose a towncar or SUV for your festivities, you can feel comfortable knowing that the vehicle will look impeccable and the driver will be accommodating. Call Merlo’s today to request a quote for wedding transportation.