It may seem like school just started, but soon enough, it will be time for homecoming. Along with prom, homecoming serves as a lifelong memory that we tend to look back on from our high school years. There’s no question that a great deal of planning goes into the evening, from where to go for dinner to the activities following the dance. As a parent, it’s a good idea to take the time to choose a dependable transportation provider for homecoming. Here are 10 tips to keep in mind when selecting a charter bus service.
- Safety first – The ideal transportation company goes the extra mile in ensuring passenger safety. It’s no different at Merlo’s Charters in Houston. Our team is proud to maintain the highest safety standards on a regular basis. Plus, we own our own maintenance facility so that we know our fleet of vehicles is being cared for in the most efficient way.
- Opt for comfort – For large groups, in particular, extra space can go a long way. At Merlo’s, we offer an attractive SUV that comfortably seats six passengers. The vehicle features comfortable leather seats, CD player, rear stereo control, and dual air.
- Get the total price prior to booking – This is an imperative part of the reservation process. Be sure to ask the transportation company if there are additional fuel surcharges, service, fees, and gratuity. The last thing you want is to be surprised when you get the final bill.
- Set a curfew – Hiring a charter bus service is a great way to avoid after-homecoming conflicts. We can work with you to set a designated time and place for pickup and drop off. This helps ensure your kids make it home on time and without any excuses.
- Allow time for photos – Parents and homecoming-goers alike will want to take plenty of pictures. Be sure to plan for everyone to meet at one location (the transportation company should have the address and directions of the venue).
- Extend the evening – Many high schools today host fun post-homecoming parties at a location different from the dance itself. Merlo’s can work with you in booking transportation for several hours after the dance to ensure that your teen has plenty of time to enjoy the party.
- Sit back and relax – There’s no question that homecoming can be a bit stressful to plan with your son or daughter. That’s why it’s so important to have a reputable company such as Merlo’s Charters. It’s no secret how we’ve grown to be one of the largest ground transportation companies in southeast Texas. We only hire drivers who are licensed and have the proper training. Plus, our team is accustomed to working with large groups on a daily basis, so we know how to keep the evening running smoothly.
From homecoming transportation and event transportation to executive transportation and luxury transportation, Merlo’s Charters can take care of your needs. By eliminating transportation worries, you can just relax and enjoy the ride.
Call now to book your reservation.